Mihoyo gave us our first glimpse of Genshin Impact’s Ayaka in a storyline trailer released on its official YouTube channel last year. After the initial tease, fans eagerly awaited more information on the sword-wielding cryo character. If you’re interested in learning more about all of Genshin Impact Ayaka’s skills, her best build, and what ascension materials you need to gather, we’re here to help. We’ll make sure this page is kept up to date with all of the suitable equipment and artifacts whenever a new update launches. To find out more about upcoming characters, make sure you take a look at our Genshin Impact next banner guide. Or, you can check out our other character guides, which include Genshin Impact’s Rosaria, Genshin Impact’s Aloy, Genshin Impact’s Kazuha, and many more. We can also help you choose the best characters with our Genshin Impact tier list and our Genshin Impact elements guide. What is the best Ayaka build? Ayaka is a sword-wielding cryo character. We recommend you use her in a main or sub DPS role, alongside Genshin Impact’s Diona for additional elemental mastery and heals, and Genshin Impact’s Kazuha for some additional damage. Which weapon should you use? The best weapon for Ayaka is Mistsplitter Reforged. However, as this weapon is fairly rare, feel free to use The Black Sword in the meantime. Weapon Effect Mistsplitter Reforged You gain a 12% elemental damage bonus for Ayaka’s elemental type. At stacks one, two, and three, elemental damage increases by 8/16/28% The Black Sword Increases damage dealt by normal and charged attacks by 20%. It also regenerates 60% of her attack as HP when normal or charged attacks are a critical hit. This can occur once every five seconds WHICH ARTIFACT SET SHOULD YOU USE? We recommend using a full set of Blizzard Strayer artifacts, or two items from each of the sets below. Artifact set Effect Blizzard Strayer Two equipped: 15% cryo damage bonusFour equipped: Crit rate is increased by 20% when attacking an enemy affected by cryo. If the enemy is frozen, critical rate is increased by an additional 20% Gladiator’s Finale Two equipped: Attack is increased by 18%Four equipped: Normal attack is increased by 35% Alternate artifact set If you need a set to use while gathering Blizzard Strayer and Gladiator’s Finale items, we recommend this set. Artifact set Effect Martial Artist Two equipped: increases normal and charged attack damage by 15%Four equipped: after Ayaka uses an elemental skill, normal and charged attack damage is increased by 25% for eight seconds What are Ayaka’s skills? Active skills: Skill Effect Kamisato Art: Kabuki Perform up to five strikes Kamisato Art: Kabuki (charged) Consume stamina to unleash a stream of sword ki Kamisato Art: Kabuki (plunging) Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, dealing AoE damage on impact Kamisato Art: Hyouka Ayaka summons blooming ice, then launches nearby enemies and deals AoE cryo damage Kamisato Art: Senho Ayaka hides within a stream of sleet that moves as she does. In this form, Ayaka moves at high speed on water. When she reappears, cryo is inflicted on nearby enemies, and normal attack damage is converted into cryo damage Kamisato Art: Soumetsu Ayaka gathers frost with her fan and sword to create a snowstorm that advances forward. A snowstorm deals cryo damage over time to all enemies in its path. When it has finished moving, the snowstorm will burst, dealing AoE cryo damage Passive skills: Skill Effect Fruits of Shinsa Ayaka has a 10% chance to receive double the product when crafting weapon ascension materials Kanten Senmyou Blessing The cryo application at the end of Kamisato Art: Senho restores ten stamina and gives Ayaka an 18% cryo damage bonus for ten seconds Amatsumi Kunitsumi Sanctification After Ayaka uses Kamisato Art: Hyouka, her normal and charged attacks deal 30% increased damage for six seconds What are Ayaka’s constellations? Here’s everything you need to know about Ayaka’s constellations. Constellation Effect Snowswept Sakura When Ayaka’s normal or charged attacks deal cryo damage, there’s a 50% chance of decreasing the cooldown of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by 0.3 seconds. This can only occur once every 0.1 seconds Blizzard Blade Seki no To Casting Kamisato Art: Soumetsu unleashes two smaller snowstorms, each dealing 20% of the original storm’s damage Frostbloom Kamifubuki Increases the level of Kamisato Art: Soumetsu by three Ebb and Flow Opponents damaged by Kamisato Art: Soumetsu’s, snowstorm will have their defence decreased by 30% for six seconds Blossom Cloud Irutsuki Increases the level of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by three Dance of Suigetsu Ayaka gains Usurahi Butou every ten seconds, this increases her charged attack damage by 298%. The buff is cleared 0.5 seconds after the charged attack hits=, after which the timer will reset What does it cost to ascend Ayaka? Make sure you save up your Sakura Bloom, as you’re going to need over 100 of them! Required level Mora Materials 20 20,000 One Shivada Jade Sliver, three Sakura Bloom, three Old Handguard 40 40,000 Three Shivada Jade Fragment, ten Sakura Bloom, Two Perpetual Heart, 12 Kageuchi Handguard 50 60,000 Six Shivada Jade Fragment, 20 Sakura Bloom, Four Perpetual Heart, 12 Kageuchi Handguard 60 80,000 Three Shivada Jade Chunk, 30 Sakura Bloom, Eight Perpetual Heart, 18 Kageuchi Handguard 70 100,000 Six Shivada Jade Chunk, 45 Sakura Bloom, 12 Perpetual Heart, 12 Famed Handguard 80 120,000 Six Shivada Jade Gemstone, 60 Sakura Bloom, 20 Perpetual Heart, 24 Famed Handguard If you want to save some extra primogems to spend on Ayaka, check out our Genshin Impact codes list for freebies.